There’s a well-known line from George R.R. Martin’s book A Dance With Dragons: “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies… The man who never reads lives only one.” Truth! With that in mind, here’s 9 Vicarious Lives I’ve lived thanks to books…
- I traveled the galaxy with a towel. (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
- I’ve been a fairy captain of the LEPrecon Unit. (Artemis Fowl)
- I walked with Death during WWII. (The Book Thief)
- I got lost migrating south to find my bat colony. (Silverwing)
- I’ve been in a coma pondering whether I want to live. (If I Stay)
- I attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. (Harry Potter)
- I’ve been a vampire developing a conscience. (Drink, Slay, Love)
- I trained a dragon! (How To Train Your Dragon)
- And I fought side-by-side with the hottest samurai sword-wielding zombie hunter this side of the Mississippi. (Rot & Ruin)
What lives have you vicariously lived through books?
Next Up from Heather… X-RATED: Should YA Books Have a Rating System?